Easy Lift-Off for Cleaning and Access Below!
Our Patios are only possible because of our EXCLUSIVE, custom-manufactured Wonder Bars! The patio rests on a pair of very strong 1" x 29" steel powder-coated bars. Just lift off the patio and easily pick up the two Wonder Bars for 100% access to the cage below.
Adjusts to your Guinea Pig's needs
You can raise or lower the patio to make the ramp slope gentler, making it easier for very young or older piggies to navigate, as well as guinea pigs new to upper levels. Just change where you place the bars to raise or lower the height as necessary.
Make a Fun Look!
Choose one of our patterns and cut a wave or castle for a fun look on the front edge of your patio. Email email@example.com for PDF.
Our PARTY Patio is 20.5 x 28 inches. Please note that the width is 28 inches, not 27 inches or less. This is because the patios are mid-grid height where there's no connectors. As a result the width of the patio is slightly wider than the base for a better fit.
Upper Levels are Good For
- Providing variety to your guinea pigs to help reduce boredom.
- A potential Kitchen or Hay area separate from the main cage area. But please note, not all guinea pigs will want to use this. Ideally, it's better to locate the kitchen under the patio or loft.
- A get-away area for some guinea pig pairs or groups who may not get along all the time. When one guinea pig can get out of sight from another, that can go a long way towards keeping the peace and keeping harassment down.
Upper Level Things to Consider
- Older guinea pigs may lose interest in going up a ramp to an upper level. Some are unable as arthritis can bother guinea pigs, just like it can people.
- Not all guinea pigs will want to use a ramp. It can take patience (as in days, weeks or even months) to get a guinea pig to change and adapt. Do not expect overnight results when adding an upper level. Training with pieces of food can help.
- While a wider upper level provides more space on top, it is more difficult to reach under a two-grid deep upper deck. It is trickier to clean and to retrieve your guinea pigs for lap time.
- The gentler the slope of the ramp, the better, but less slope also takes up more precious downstairs cage space, so it's a trade-off.
Counting Cage Space
Please keep in mind that you should only count the lower level when determining required cage space for your guinea pigs. Upper levels DO NOT COUNT in determining how much space you are providing. Upper levels are used occasionally and sometimes not at all by some guinea pigs.
Piggy Party Patio Includes
- (1) 4mm 20.5" x 28" x 3.75" wall Coroplast base in your choice of 16 colors!
The patio base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps and cut your ramp entrance.
- (1) 26" Reinforced Ramp in your choice of 16 colors with edging to match your grid color.
- (2) Wonder Bars in your choice of black or white to match your grid color.
- (1) Velcro strips to secure the ramp to the Wonder bar allowing it to stay put when lifting the patio.
- (8) Snap-in Plastic Rivets.
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- OPTIONAL safety grids or windows around the perimeter
Rivets on the Flaps!
- All of our Coroplast bases come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to remove them for storage or moving and are generally reuseable.
- HIGH BACK WALLS: The Wonder Bars used to support the Patio pass through the inner grid holes, so if you have a 10" or 12" back wall on your cage base, you may need to cut that section down (good scissors will work) depending your desired patio height.
- NEEDS A 2X4 CAGE OR LARGER: Our PARTY size patio is designed to fit inside a 2x4 grid cage or larger.
CAGE shown in images, sold SEPARATELY
When we show the patio sitting INSIDE a CAGE or with other items, the cage and those other items are NOT INCLUDED. See the "What's Included" tab for the actual patio components.