Easy Lift-Off for Cleaning and Access Below!
Our Patios are only possible because of our EXCLUSIVE, custom-manufactured Wonder Bars which are very strong. Just lift off the patio and easily pick up the two Wonder Bars for 100% access to the cage or kitchen underneath. The flat ramps easily flip out of the way when cleaning.
Lower upper level -- Easier for your Guinea Pigs
Your guinea pigs will enjoy getting to an upper level on two flat ramps you attach with clear hinges. The height is adjustable, so you can start off lower and raise as needed. No need to cut an entrance as there is no front coroplast wall, but instead we include a mini moon grid for safety.
Add a Patio in a SINGLE-LEVEL, OPEN OR CLOSED cage!
You can add any of our patios to a single-level cage with an open or closed top! There is enough clearance for the guinea pigs on both the lower level and the patio level.
Our Porch Patio is 13.75 x 28 inches. Please note that the width is 28 inches, not 27 inches or less. This is because these patios need to be closer to the grid walls for safety. As a result, the width of the patio is slightly wider than the base for a better fit.
So, these patios will only work as MID-GRID height upper levels.
Upper Levels are Good For
- Providing variety to your guinea pigs to help reduce boredom.
- A potential Kitchen or Hay area separate from the main cage area. But please note, not all guinea pigs will want to use this.
- A get-away area for some guinea pig pairs or groups who may not get along all the time. When one guinea pig can get out of sight from another, that can go a long way towards keeping the peace and keeping harassment down.
Upper Level Things to Consider
- Older guinea pigs typically loose their interest in going up a ramp to an upper level. Some are not able to as arthritis can bother guinea pigs, just like it can people.
- Not all guinea pigs will want to use a ramp. It can take patience (as in days, weeks or even months) to get a guinea pig to change and adapt. Do not expect overnight results when adding an upper level. Training with pieces of food can help.
- While a wider upper level provides more space on top, it is more difficult to reach under a two-grid deep upper deck. It is trickier to clean and to retrieve your guinea pigs for lap time.
- The gentler the slope of the ramp, the better, but more slope also takes up more precious downstairs cage space, so it's a trade-off.
Counting Cage Space
Please keep in mind that you should only count the lower level when determining how much cage space is required for your guinea pigs. Upper levels DO NOT COUNT in determining how much space you are providing. They are used occasionally and sometimes not at all by some or all of your guinea pigs.
Porch Patio Includes
- (1) 4mm 13.75" x 28" x 3.75" wall Coroplast base in your choice of 16 colors! The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps. There is NO front wall.
- (2) 11.75" Carpeted Flat Ramps in your color choice.
- (2) Wonder Bars in your choice of black or white to match your grid color.
- (2) Clear Hinges
- (1) Powder-Coated Mini Moon Grid - 2x3x5 inner squares, 3 1/4 x 5 x 8 inches
- (4) Snap-in Plastic Rivets.
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- HIGH BACK WALLS: The Wonder Bars used to support the Patio pass through the inner grid holes, so if you have a 10" or 12" back wall on your cage base, you may need to cut that section down (good scissors will work) depending your desired patio height.
CAGE shown in images, sold SEPARATELY
When we show the patio sitting INSIDE a CAGE or with other items, the cage and those other items are NOT INCLUDED. See the "What's Included" tab for the actual patio components.