Return Policy for the Guinea Pig Cages Store
- Cage is larger than you anticipated. (This is the reason we require you to check the box acknowledging you measured.) Please contact us for assistance on easily reducing the size if absolutely necessary.
- Coroplast is often mistaken as cardboard. It’s not. It is 100% plastic. Coroplast is used for outdoor signage and lasts indefinitely.
- Thinking the product arrives fully assembled. These are cage kits. The cages cannot be shipped assembled as that would require a commercial freight truck to deliver.
- Assuming the crease line we describe is “damage.” Coroplast bases must be scored and FOLDED prior to shipping leaving a vertical 6” or 12” crease mark in the center of the wall. It is a necessary but minor cosmetic imperfection in order to ship the product to keep shipping as low as possible.
Our Return Policy
- Returns must be received back within 21 days of receipt of your order.
- Shipping is NOT refunded in either direction.
- Assembled OR used items are NOT returnable.
- There is a 15% restocking fee on the net product price paid.
- Items must be received back in sellable, like-new condition.
- Returns must be preauthorized and include an RMA number.
- Unauthorized returns or refused shipments will not be refunded.
As long as the products were not used in any way, you can return it. It must be received back within 21 days from the date it was delivered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number to obtain a RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number and receive the return address and instructions. Orders sent back without an RMA and refused deliveries will not be refunded. We do not send call tags or shipping labels. You will typically take the package to a UPS or FedEx store or similar facility to return it.
Refunds will be denied if the products show any type of use including smelling like smoke or perfume. Items must be received back in like-new condition, and in the original shipping box. Please don't spend the money to ship it back if there was an animal in the cage. Wipe down the cage with plain water only.
Once received back in salable condition, you can expect a refund of the subtotal less 15% restock fee and any discounts originally received. (Original shipping is not refundable as it has already been paid to the carrier for the outbound delivery service.)
You are responsible for the return shipping cost and can choose your preferred carrier. Keep in mind, due to the carrier’s extra handling fees on large packages, the return shipping will likely cost you more than you originally paid for shipping. Use the original packaging and note the correct box measurements on the original label when returning. (Carriers tend to pad the dimensions, which increases the cost.) Be sure to get a tracking number with the carrier you choose. We are not responsible for packages that are returned damaged or lost.
- Coroplast sheet products: (Coroplast Sheet - 5 pcs 29x48) and (Full Sheet of Coroplast - Thirds) -- are not returnable.
- Bases with the 10” height hedgehog walls are not returnable.
Assessing your Possible Return
It can be prohibitively costly to return items that shipped in a large box. This is generally the majority of our products. One gets an appreciation of why shipping tends to be expensive when you try to ship an item back to us. More often than not, it can cost more to ship the product back than you paid to have it shipped out to you.
Original Order Example
Subtotal: $150 (products less any discounts)
+ Shipping: $25 (outbound shipping to you is not refundable as it was paid to the carrier for services rendered)
= Total paid: $175
15% Restocking fee on $150 subtotal: $22.50 ($150 subtotal times .15)
Max refund possible to your original payment method: $127.50 ($150 subtotal less the $22.50 calculated restocking fee)
Possible cost to ship back: $35 (estimated example--varies greatly)
Net funds recovered: $92.50 ($127.50 refund received less $35 return shipping paid to carrier to send it back)
Alternatives to Returning
- Please reach out to us as we can help with creative solutions and/or resizing your cage or item if that is the issue.
- Resell it locally. Our products are very popular and in-demand by the guinea pig community. You might recoup more of your investment if you sell it as a new item locally via online marketplaces for local classifieds like NextDoor.com, Craigslist.org, Facebook Marketplace, guinea pig Facebook groups (if their terms permit it), etc.