Medium Cage Dimensions
- Interior: 27" x 50" = about 9 Square Feet of cage space.
- Exterior: 30" x 54" when assembled = you will need a table space of about 2.5 feet by 4.5 feet to accommodate this cage.
Medium Cage Assembly
On the Medium size cage, the two middle grids are partially overlapped and secured with cable ties to accommodate the stated length to provide a cage size option that might better fit your space and/or budget requirements.
Coro Height Preference
This refers to the HEIGHT of the COROPLAST on ONE long-side of the cage -- for the back wall.
- 6" (inches) is standard. 6" sides all the way
around maximizes ventilation and visibility, and it is generally high
enough to keep in bedding for most guinea pigs. Also, a water bottle
spout resting on the top of the 6" Coroplast is a good height for guinea
pigs to drink from.
- 12" (inches) is good if the long side of your cage
is going up against a wall. This helps prevent hay (and in some cases
bedding) from being kicked up and getting stuck against the wall. You
can always cut it down later if you decide it doesn't work for you. The
12" option is just to help you keep your floor and wall cleaner in some
NOTE: We do NOT offer 12" walls all the way around because we do NOT
recommend it. It cuts off too much air circulation for the guinea pigs.
In addition, even if you wanted it regardless of our advice, coroplast
is only 48 inches wide and that would require 51 inches.
Cage Kit Includes
- (12) 14" Grids in black or white (safe grids with 1 3/8" openings)
- (20) Connectors in black or white
- 4mm Coroplast bottom in your choice of 15 colors!
The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps.
(Coroplast base is scored and folded for shipping, which makes an
indented "crush" line, but it does not affect the function of the cage.
It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.)
- Cable ties that match the grid color. (Using cable
ties to reinforce the grid connections helps make the cage extra tight
and super secure.)
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- Two-page Guinea Pig Care Sheet
Please NOTE about the Cage Bottom
The cage does not have grids on the bottom. They are
unnecessary. The cage is designed to sit nicely on a flat surface -- a
table top, a desk, the floor (if it's draft-free), etc.
However, if you desire, you can make a cage stand out of grids. Please see our matching Medium Cage Stand if you are interested in a cage stand.
We include detailed instructions with every kit, but if you have questions, we are always more than happy to help you out! Just
contact us--pop us a note with your phone number and we will call you back as soon as possible with in-person assistance!
Please do not put the Coroplast directly on a hardwood floor. Moisture from the air and/or wood can get trapped and has nowhere to go and hence can cause sweating -- which has NOTHING to do with the quality or character of the cage. Nor is the cage
leaking. All you have to do is put something absorbent down first like a towel or carpet and set the cage bottom on that instead of directly on wood.
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.