Large Cage Dimensions
- Interior: 27" x 56" = about 10.5 Square Feet of cage space.
- Exterior: 30" x 60" when assembled with grids (not included in this item) you will need a table space of about 2.5 feet by 5 feet to accommodate this cage.
Coro Height Options
- 6" walls on all four sides. This is the perfect height for keeping bedding contained, visibility to pigs, good airflow, and safety.
- 10" walls on all four sides for Hedgehogs only.
- 12" wall on one long side as shown. Three sides are 6". May help keep hay and bedding kick-out more contained with active guinea pigs, especially when not using fleece, but generally 6" walls are just fine.
- For a 12" wall on a short END (behind a Kitchen), we recommend our Backsplash, which is removable for cleaning.
- 12" back walls are NOT compatible with Patios, Lookout Lounges, Cage Dividers, Piggy Perches, or Midwest Mezzanines (without cutting into the Coroplast back wall -- doable).
- High walls all the way around a cage are not recommended for guinea pigs as it blocks too much airflow as well as your visibility.
Coroplast Base Includes
- 4mm Coroplast bottom in your choice of 16 colors!
The base is pre-cut and pre-scored with pre-punched holes to secure flaps using snap-in plastic rivets (not tape). Coroplast base is creased and folded for shipping, which creates an indented "crush" line. This does not affect the functionality of the cage and is behind the grid wall when assembled.
- Rivets for fastening all coroplast flaps
Our Cagetopia-brand Grids have stayed the same over the years as we have many hundreds of thousands of C&C cage owners (DIY and customers) that depend on the original sizes and the best quality grids and connectors.
Supplying your OWN GRIDS?
Or mixing in different grid sources or vendors? No 14" grids are the same anymore. Please review:
- Many 14" grids are NO LONGER COMPATIBLE
- Grid Vendors are now ALL DIFFERENT from each other
Especially on Amazon, but also Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, etc.
- DIFFERENT CONNECTORS: gap spacing (space between grids) can be different (standard = 3/8") and that matters.
- Grid Size: 14" exactly is required -- NOT 12" or anything else
- Grid Wire Gauge (thickness): Grid vendors adapt their connectors to their wire gauge, which is typically thinner than ours (4mm = 3 pennies), so they won't work well together, if at all -- too tight or too loose.
- Inner Grid-hole Size (safety-related):
NO INNER HOLES BIGGER than 1.5" or you risk your guinea pig's head getting stuck and strangling. In a 14" grid, there should be 9 holes by 9 holes -- never less.
- Using only Zip Ties (no connectors) is NOT RECOMMENDED.
CAGETOPIA CONNECTORS WORK GREAT
Some people complain about using the connectors. They are using NON-Cagetopia connectors. Ours work great and are easy to snap in, while being strong and stable.
- Zip ties alone ARE NOT STRONGER as compared to using Connectors WITH zip ties (not opinion, engineering fact).
- Many Cagetopia products will NOT be compatible for fit without using the connectors.
- The fit of the coro inside the grids will be different.
Trying to save a few dollars now on purchasing grids separately could be a frustrating, if not an expensive, decision later.
All these things MATTER on CAGE BUILDING.
If you buy one vendor's grids today and try to mix in a different vendor's grids from Amazon tomorrow, odds are high they may not be compatible with each other or our Cagetopia Grids.