Swanky Bachelor Piggy Pad
Okay, this cage setup isn't just for boars, your female piggies will love it, too. But if you do have male guinea pigs, then you've probably already discovered that males really do need more space to help keep the peace. It's not a guarantee that bickering boars will get along better in a bigger cage, but you GREATLY increase the chances with this setup, especially if you pay attention to the nuances that help make it success, which are highlighted below.
This cage setup includes a Large (2x4 grid) Cage. We added suave and sophisticated accessories in the Ancient Hieroglyphs fleece collection from Guinea Pig Market for a swanky pad to call home.
A Large (2x4 grid) Cage is the minimum cage size for a pair of males or trio of females. An XL (2x5 grid) Cage is even better, if space allows.
The rectangular floor footprint needed for this cage is 30" wide x 76" long (2 1/2 feet by about 6 1/2 feet).
Like what you see? We used the components below to create this set up:
Please note, prices are base prices. Adding features and options can increase an item's price.
Cage Structure Essentials
- (1) 2x3 Cage Liner in Ancient Hieroglyphs - starting at $96.99
- (1) Wide Loft Loop Cage Liner in Ancient Hieroglyphs (with optional Ramp Covers, select "angled at the bottom") - starting at $56.99
- (1) Flippin' Fun Futon (in Ancient Hieroglyphs with Ancient Hieroglyphs Scallops and Gray Arms - with Canopy) - starting at $44.99
- (1) Fleece Forest in Ancient Hieroglyphs/Gray with optional Potty Pad - starting at $21.99
- (1) Magic Muff in Ancient Hieroglyphs/Gray - $42.99
- (1) 12"x12" Potty Pad in Lime - starting at $12.99