Jumbo Cage Dimensions
- Lower level = 27" x 84.5" = about 16 Square Feet of lower cage space!
- Upper level = about 2 Square Feet of additional space
- Total = about 18.5 Square Feet of cage space
- Exterior: 30" x 90" when assembled = you will need a table space of about 2.5 feet by 7.5 feet to accommodate this cage.
Images & Portal Opening
Please note that some images show our older style loft with a standard grid at the top of the ramp. This grid has been replaced with a Portal Grid which allows a larger opening for the ramp to swing up for easier cleaning and access. The Portal opening at the top of the ramp can be covered if desired with the optional Mini-Grid Portal Guard.
Upper Levels are Good For
- Reducing boredom by enriching the spaces available.
- Provides a covered area over the kitchen to provide a sense of security which encourages its use.
- A get-away area for some guinea pigs who may not get along.
- Exercises different muscles than flat running, which can help keep them more toned and healthy.
Cagetopia Flip-Fold Covers
Our Flip-Fold Covers are designed with both you and your guinea pigs' safety in mind. We compromise on neither, giving you the best of both!
- Provides quick and easy access along the full length of the cage for a person of average height using only one hand.
- Rest the cover midway back on the cage, all the way back, or the front half can be flipped on top of the back section. Leaning on other objects is not necessary.
- Reinforced strength with our custom, high-quality steel Cagetopia Ultra Rods and Wonder Bars where needed.
- Safe and convenient for both you and your guinea pigs.
Coro Height Options
- 6" walls on all four sides. This is the perfect height for keeping bedding contained, visibility to pigs, good airflow, and safety.
- 12" long back wall only, three sides are 6". May help keep hay and bedding kickout more contained with active guinea pigs, especially when not using fleece, but generally 6" walls are just fine.
NOTE: High walls all the way around a cage are not recommended for guinea pigs as it blocks too much airflow as well as your visibility.
Deluxe Covered Cage Kit Includes
- (39) 14" Grids in black or white (powder-coated & SAFE inner holes 1 3/8")
- (2) Portal Grids
- (40) Connectors in black or white
- (1) Extendable Ultra Rod Set (extends 38" to 54": 2 rod pieces & 2 end caps per set) in black or white, matching the grid color
- (1) Medium Ultra Rod
- (3) C&C Wonder Bars for support (29"x1" custom-designed by us for C&C Cages) in black or white, matching the grid color
- (1) 27" Ramp in Coroplast color of your choice and edging to match grid color with grey Carpet.
- (1) Pair of Ramp Hooks for ramp attachment
- 4mm Coroplast bottom in your choice of 16 colors!
The base is pre-cut and pre-scored with pre-punched holes to secure flaps using snap-in plastic rivets (not tape). Coroplast base is creased and folded for shipping, which creates an indented "crush" line. This does not affect the functionality of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.
- Rivets for fastening all coroplast flaps
- Cable ties that match the grid color. (Using cable ties to reinforce the grid connections helps make the cage extra tight and super secure.)
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- Two-page Guinea Pig Care Sheet
- (1) Mini Grid with clip and zip ties
Please NOTE about the Cage Bottom
The cage does not have grids on the bottom. They are
unnecessary. The cage is designed to sit nicely on a flat surface -- a
table top, a desk, the floor (if it's draft-free), etc.
However, if you desire, you can make a cage stand out of grids. Please see our matching Jumbo Cage Stand if you are interested in a cage stand.
How many Guinea Pigs will fit in a 2x6?
- Up to 4 adult guinea pigs comfortably. It varies a bit, depending upon your group. For example, rarely will 4 adult males be compatible even in this large of a cage. Usually 3 males is about the largest group that will get along together in any caged environment in the long run.
- It would be possible to house a larger, well-bonded group of 5, perhaps as many as 6, but that would really be pushing it.
- ONE guinea pig needs at least a 2x3 grid-sized cage. And this is why the JUMBO size is IDEAL if you need to divide a cage because a pair is fighting OR you need to separate a male and female to prevent pregnancy. You just need a Cage Divider or our "Wall of Silence" down the middle of a 2x6 to instantly create two 2x3 grid cages.