GRIDS SOLD SEPARATELY
This item is for the Coroplast base only. If you want the matching set of grids, connectors, zip ties and instructions, see the Cagetopia 2x3.5 Grid Pack.
Medium CORO BASE Dimensions
- Interior: 27" x 50" = about 9 Square Feet of cage space.
Coro Height Preference (as available)
This refers to the HEIGHT of the COROPLAST on ONE long-side of the cage -- for the back wall.
- 6" (inches) is standard. 6" sides all the way around maximizes ventilation and visibility, and it is generally high enough to keep in bedding for most guinea pigs. Also, a water bottle spout resting on the top of the 6" Coroplast is a good height for guinea pigs to drink from.
- 12" (inches) is good if the long side of your cage is going up against a wall. This helps prevent hay (and in some cases bedding) from being kicked up and getting stuck against the wall. You can always cut it down later if you decide it doesn't work for you. The 12" option is just to help you keep your floor and wall cleaner in some circumstances.
Coroplast Base Includes
- 4mm Coroplast bottom
27" x 50" x wall height selected
The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps.
(Coroplast base is scored and folded for shipping, which makes an indented "crush" line, but it does not affect the function of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.)
(16) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.
How many Guinea Pigs will fit in a 2x3.5?
- 1-2 guinea pigs. This is the MINIMUM cage size for 1 or 2 guinea pigs. This cage is too small for 3 or more guinea pigs.
- ONE guinea pig needs at least a 2x3.5 grid-sized cage. TWO guinea pigs who get along well can also live in this 2x3.5 grid-sized cage. Although we do recommend a larger cage, this will suffice.
- The 2 guinea pigs should be a BONDED PAIR. If you have two new males who have not been together yet in a pet home, then in all likelihood, this cage will be too small. Or if you have two guinea pigs who do not get along -- either they bicker all the time or occasionally -- then this cage is too small.
- This cage size may not be divided to accommodate two guinea pigs who do not get along, nor is it appropriate for separating two guinea pigs of the opposite sex. It is just not big enough for that.
Guinea Pigs should have a Friend
Just a note that guinea pigs are a social, herd animal and are happier and healthier in pairs or groups. If you only have one, please consider the best interests of your pet and adopt a same-sex friend.