GRIDS SOLD SEPARATELY
This item is for the Coroplast base only. If you want the matching set of grids, connectors, zip ties and instructions, see the Cagetopia 2x5 grid pack.
Large CORO BASE Dimensions
- Interior: 27" x 71" = about 13 Square Feet of cage space.
Coro Height Preference (as available)
This refers to the HEIGHT of the COROPLAST on ONE long-side of the cage -- for the back wall.
- 6" (inches) is standard. 6" sides all the way around maximizes ventilation and visibility, and it is generally high enough to keep in bedding for most guinea pigs. Also, a water bottle spout resting on the top of the 6" Coroplast is a good height for guinea pigs to drink from.
- 12" (inches) is good if the long side of your cage is going up against a wall. This helps prevent hay (and in some cases bedding) from being kicked up and getting stuck against the wall. You can always cut it down later if you decide it doesn't work for you. The 12" option is just to help you keep your floor and wall cleaner in some circumstances.
Coroplast Base Includes
- 4mm Coroplast bottom
27" x 71" x wall height selected
The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps.
(Coroplast base is scored and folded for shipping, which makes an indented "crush" line, but it does not affect the function of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.)
(16) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.
Supplying your OWN GRIDS?
- MANY GRID SUPPLIERS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE -
EVEN IF you have 14" grids!
- Grid Vendors are now ALL DIFFERENT
Especially on Amazon, but also Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, etc, there are now many different grid vendors and the product specifications are all different:
- Grid Size: 14" exactly is required -- NOT 12" or anything else
- Grid Wire Gauge (thickness): Grid vendors adapt their connectors to their wire gauge, which is typically thinner than ours, so they won't work together.
- Inner Grid-hole Size (safety-related):
NO INNER HOLES BIGGER than 1.5" or you risk your guinea pig's head getting stuck and strangling.
- DIFFERENT CONNECTORS: spacing can be different and that MATTERS!
- CAGETOPIA CONNECTORS WORK GREAT
Ditching connectors in favor of just using zip ties is NOT RECOMMENDED.
Some people complain about using the connectors. They are using NON-Cagetopia connectors. Ours work great and are easy to snap in, while being strong and stable.
- Zip ties alone ARE NOT STRONGER as compared to using Connectors WITH zip ties.
- Many Cagetopia products will NOT be compatible for fit without using the connectors.
- The fit of the coro inside the grids will be different.
Trying to save a few dollars now on purchasing grids separately could be an expensive decision later.
All these things MATTER on CAGE BUILDING.
If you buy one vendor's grids today and try to add in different vendor's grids from Amazon tomorrow, odds are very high they will not be compatible -- let alone compatible with our Cagetopia Grids.
Our grids have stayed the same over the decades as we have many hundreds of thousands of C&C cage owners (DIY and customers) that depend on the original sizes and the best quality grids and connectors.