This Cagetopia C&C Cage Starter Kit Includes:
The Coroplast is all Pink and the Grids are White.
- A 2x3-Grid Small Cagetopia Single-level C&C Cage
30" x 44", 7.5 sqft for the guinea pigs.
14" high-quality, steel grids with easy-to-use connectors
- A Hearty Hay Buffet
A high-capacity, low-back-spill, easy-access to fill and for the pigs to munch. Allows generous quantities of hay. The Hearty Hay Buffet can be clipped to either the end wall or back wall of the cage in the kitchen area.
- The Cavy Cafe kitchen insert- a removable Coroplast tray that goes inside the main cage base -- their litter and hay munching area which usually contains disposable bedding.
- The Cavy Canopy - a light-weight, swing-up cover over the kitchen area to provide a sense of security and privacy for the guinea pigs. This encourages them using the kitchen area for pottying while munching hay and feeling safe (as prey animals, they are always instinctually worried about predator birds and such). Using the kitchen for pottying makes refreshes easier and keeps fleece cleaner longer.
- The Cavy Backsplash which helps keep loose hay and bedding contained in the Kitchen. Has some holes for air flow and possible water bottle access. The backsplash just rests between the cage Coroplast wall and the grids as a backstop.
Starter Kit Components Include:
2x3 Grid, Small Cage:
- (10) 14" Grids in WHITE (powder-coated & SAFE inner holes 1 3/8")
- (20) Connectors in WHITE
- 4mm Coroplast bottom in PINK
The base is pre-cut and pre-scored with pre-punched holes to secure flaps using snap-in plastic rivets (not tape). Coroplast base is creased and folded for shipping, which creates an indented "crush" line. This does not affect the functionality of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.
- Rivets for fastening all coroplast flaps
- Cable ties (Use cable ties to reinforce the grid connections helping to make the cage extra tight and super secure.)
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- 4mm Coroplast 26" x 13.5" x 2.5" front wall and 4.5" back and side walls in PINK
- (8) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
- 4mm Coroplast 12.5" x 27" panel with your choice of cutouts in PINK (just sits behind end wall Coro and the grids)
- 4mm Coroplast 15" x 30" x 2.5" walls in PINK
- 2 clear hinges
Heart Hay Buffet
- (1) 12" x 10" x 6" Coroplast Hay Buffet, cut and scored, in PINK
- (4) Plastic Rivets
- (2) Black Binder Clips
How many Guinea Pigs will fit in a 2x3?
- 1-2 guinea pigs. This is the MINIMUM cage size for 1 or 2 guinea pigs. This cage is too small for 3 or more guinea pigs.
- ONE guinea pig needs at least a 2x3 grid-sized cage. TWO guinea pigs who get along well can also live in this 2x3 grid-sized cage. Although we do recommend a larger cage, this will suffice.
- The 2 guinea pigs should be a BONDED PAIR. If you have two new males who have not been together yet in a pet home, then in all likelihood, this cage will be too small. Or if you have two guinea pigs who do not get along -- either they bicker all the time or occasionally -- then this cage is too small.
- This cage size may not be divided to accommodate two guinea pigs who do not get along, nor is it appropriate for separating two guinea pigs of the opposite sex. It is just not big enough for that.
Guinea Pigs should have a Friend
Just a note that guinea pigs are a social, herd animal and are happier and healthier in pairs or groups. If you only have one, please consider the best interests of your pet and adopt a same-sex friend.