WIRE FENCING SOLD SEPARATELY
This item is for the Coroplast base only for your existing Midwest® Guinea Pig Habitat Cage. The base replaces the original canvas base. No velcro straps needed; sits right inside the original fencing. Flaps fasten with rivets. All plastic, easy to clean and maintain..
CORO BASE for Midwest Dimensions
- Interior: 22.5" x 46.5" = about 7.5 Square Feet of cage space.
Coro Height Options
- 6" walls on all four sides. This is the perfect height for keeping bedding contained, visibility to pigs, airflow (ventilation) and safety.
- 10" walls on all four sides for Hedgehogs.
- 12" back wall only, three sides are 6". May help keep hay and bedding kickout more contained with active guinea pigs, especially when not using fleece, but generally not needed as 6" walls are fine.
NOTE: High walls all the way around a cage are NOT recommended for guinea pigs as it blocks too much airflow.
On the 10" wall option of the Midwest Coroplast Base replacement: We do not make cutouts for the two 6" openings because the six panels are interchangeable and can be configured in multiple locations.
Coroplast Base Includes
- 4mm Coroplast bottom
22.5" x 46.5" x wall height selected
The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps.
(Coroplast base is scored and folded for shipping, which makes an indented "crush" line, but it does not affect the function of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.)
(16) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.