Wide Lofts Provide
- Upper level = about 4.5 Square Feet of additional useable space
Upper Levels are Good For
- Providing variety to your guinea pigs to help reduce boredom.
- A potential Kitchen or Hay area separate from the main cage area. But please note, not all guinea pigs will want to use this.
- A get-away area for some guinea pig pairs or groups who may not get
along all the time. When one guinea pig can get out of sight from
another, that can go a long way towards keeping the peace and keeping
Upper Level Things to Consider
guinea pigs typically loose their interest in going up a ramp to an
upper level. Some are not able to as arthritis can bother guinea pigs,
just like it can people.
- Not all guinea pigs will want to use a
ramp. It can take patience (as in days, weeks or even months) to get a
guinea pig to change and adapt. Do not expect overnight results when
adding an upper level. Training with pieces of food can help.
- While a wider upper level provides more space on top, it is more difficult to reach under a two-grid deep upper deck. It is trickier to clean and to retrieve your guinea pigs for lap time.
- The gentler the slope of
the ramp, the better, but more slope also takes up more precious
downstairs cage space, so it's a trade-off.
Counting Cage Space
Please keep in mind that you should only count the lower level when
determining how much cage space is required for your guinea pigs. Upper
levels DO NOT COUNT in determining how much space you are
providing. They are used occasionally and sometimes not at all by some
or all of your guinea pigs.
This design provides a more stable cage overall
without the need to overlap grids in the front of the cage.
You get a more professional look and the ability to add or remove a top as desired.
A nice industrial carpet (which can be washed and replaced as necessary) and comfortable on your guinea pig's feet!
Our Ingenious Reinforced Ramp!
We invented the Reinforced
Coroplast Ramp! Our Coro ramps are very strong as they are reinforced
FOUR times along the length of the ramp with a strong custom wire made
just for us. This keeps the shape of the walls and adds to the overall
strength of the ramp while at the same time, still giving you some
flexibility in how you adapt it for your own use!
Wide Loft Kit Includes
- (11) 14" Grids in black or white (safe grids with 1 3/8" openings)
- (1) 14" Portal Grid in black or white (special cut for the ramp opening)
- (10) Connectors in black or white
- 4mm 26.5" x 26.5" Coroplast bottom in your choice of 15 colors! The loft is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps
- (1) 27" Ramp with carpet and edging to match grid color.
- Cable ties that match the grid color. (Using cable ties to reinforce the grid connections helps make the cage extra tight and super secure.)
- (16) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
- Easy-to-follow, color assembly instructions with photos
- Two-page Guinea Pig Care Sheet
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.