Love is in the Air!
With butterfly kisses and ladybug hugs, sleep tight, little piggies, like bugs in a rug.
Our latest cage creation has room to share, featuring an XL (2x5 grid) Cage, along with our stylish NEW Porch Patios. Pudgy piggies wont have to share - we've included a Cavy Cafe AND Cavy Bistro. Add cozy accessories in our Ladybug Fabric Collection from Guinea Pig Market to create your own perfect piggy pignic!
This cage is recommended for 2-3 female guinea pigs or 2 male guinea pigs.
Lots of Pigs, Not a lot of Space?
This particular cage configuration is a personal favorite. It's got some great benefits but has a few trade-offs as well. It's beyond cute, but also provides some special functionality that might be a blessing for you and your piggies.
- A GREAT WAY to add space in a compact area.
Say you need to give your pigs more room for exercise and enrichment, but you are limited on space. If you do not have the room for a nice Roomie Zoomie cage with a wide loft and two ramps, this will give you more than our Narrow Loft option because we don't recess the ramp openings. You set the Wonder Bars at your desired level mid-grid so you can get two levels out of one grid of height.
- Dual ramps are EASY ACCESS for older or pudgy pigs.
These ramps can only be used when you set the Patio at mid-height. They easily bound up and down these ramps. The patio height is safe enough for the average pig to hop down from -- even without the ramps. The dual ramps lets your pigs do zoomies and stay fit.
- GREAT for MALES or small groups
Dual ramps with additional level allows more freedom and escape when desired. One pig can't get trapped. Males should always have an escape route. This works well for adding more social enrichment.
- HAY MUST BE LOOSE AND WELL STUFFED IN THE KITCHEN AREA
It's very important to put your big hay pile in the Kitchen Area to encourage them to use their potty area. This setup really needs you to stuff a lot hay there. That is ON TOP of disposable bedding. You'll need to change the hay more often -- like every 3rd day at the latest, preferrably every other day, as compared to just keeping fresh hay in a hay rack. So you need to be buying hay in reasonable bulk. Hay is NOT bedding and must be changed out regularly if you are doing hay piles. You could add a Small Hay Rack in addition, but the low profile won't allow a big hay rack in that area.
- The pigs LOVE lounging and hanging out in the private hay pile.
They will potty more there which will help keep the rest of your cage cleaner. Be aware that you may not visually see them as much because they may spend more time there. They love it!
- Too many pigs, too little space?
We show the larger Cavy Bistro kitchen on left end of this cage. When you're using hay piles, the bigger kitchen area is more forgiving. All accomplished on one level if you choose.
Unlike the regular ramps, these flip up easily and you can lift out the Patio to get to the Kitchen Area underneath. You just have to move one Wonder Bar out of the way to clean out the kitchen area. If you don't add the optional half-grids along the top, it's even easier. The Cavy Canopy can easily be the cover without the extra grids. The extra half-height grids allow more clearance and you could add a Fleece Forest there.
- Note about the Ramps with the Cavy Bistro
The Cavy Bistro is 1 & 1/2 grids wide instead of the normal 1 grid Cavy Cafe. It allows for messier hay. The ramps either barely clear the edge of the Bistro or it leaves a little gap. It's no big deal for the pigs, but you can put a Potty Pad, a Plush Bed or some folded fleece at the landing to help the transition.
- If you don't use the optional Half Grids on Top, get the Cavy Canopy or cover it.
The optional Half Grids around the Patio provide safety. But it makes it a little harder to reach over for cleaning. You can keep it strictly at one level if you also cover that area. They really love the Cavy Canopy or Picnic Awning as a low cover because, like the Kitchen area, it's darker and cozy for them.
Like what you see? Recreate this cage with our easy shopping guides below.
Please note, prices are base prices. Adding features and options can increase an items' price.
- (1) XL (2x5 grid) Cage in Red with Black Grids - $94.99
- (1) Porch Patio in Black with Black Ramp Edge/Bar Color. Be sure to select the optional "Half Grids" on the patio listing. (The half grids shown are optional. To ensure you'll receive extra connectors for this option, be sure to add them under the patio selections rather than purchasing them separately) - starting at $57.99
- (1) Porch Patio in Black with Black Ramp Edge/Bar Color - $57.99
- (1) Cavy Canopy in Red (Used to cover one Porch Patio) - $23.99
- (2) Swing Grids in Black (Used to cover the other Porch Patio) - $3.99 each
- (1) Cavy Bistro in Silver/Gray with Black Edging - $29.99
- (1) Cavy Cafe in Silver/Gray with Black Edging - $26.99
Introducing our NEW Porch Patio!
Our NEW Porch Patios are made with only THREE sides intact, and are designed to sit lower in the cage. The two ramps allow piggies to lap around in a circle for short "zoomies". This is a great option for older piggies or those who may be more hesitant to use ramps.
Cleaning underneath the patio is a breeze! The ramps are attached with clear hinges so they easily flip out of the way when needed. You can also add some of our custom Swing Grids for a great, easy-access cover!