GRIDS SOLD SEPARATELY
This item is for the Coroplast base only. If you want the matching set of grids, connectors, zip ties and instructions, see the Cagetopia 2x6 grid pack.
Large CORO BASE Dimensions
- Interior: 27" x 84.5" = about 16 Square Feet of cage space.
Coro Height Preference (as available)
This refers to the HEIGHT of the COROPLAST on ONE long-side of the cage -- for the back wall.
- 6" (inches) is standard. 6" sides all the way around maximizes ventilation and visibility, and it is generally high enough to keep in bedding for most guinea pigs. Also, a water bottle spout resting on the top of the 6" Coroplast is a good height for guinea pigs to drink from.
- 12" (inches) is good if the long side of your cage is going up against a wall. This helps prevent hay (and in some cases bedding) from being kicked up and getting stuck against the wall. You can always cut it down later if you decide it doesn't work for you. The 12" option is just to help you keep your floor and wall cleaner in some circumstances.
Coroplast Base Includes
- 4mm Coroplast bottom
27" x 84.5" x wall height selected
The base is cut and scored so you only have to secure the flaps.
(Coroplast base is scored and folded for shipping, which makes an indented "crush" line, but it does not affect the function of the cage. It's barely noticeable when fully assembled.)
(16) Snap-in Plastic Rivets to fasten flaps.
NEW! Rivets on the Flaps!
- We've updated our cage design to make it even easier and more secure than ever! All of our Coroplast bases now come with nice, clean holes -- professionally punched in the appropriate locations. We include our new, easy-snap-in plastic rivets for securing the base.
- The rivets, while very secure when in place, can also be popped back open with a little separation pressure should you need to dissemble your cage and are generally reuseable.
How many Guinea Pigs will fit in a 2x6?
- Up to 4 adult guinea pigs comfortably. It varies a bit, depending upon your group. For example, rarely will 4 adult males be compatible even in this large of a cage. Usually 3 males is about the largest group that will get along together in any caged environment in the long run.
- It would be possible to house a larger, well-bonded group of 5, perhaps as many as 6, but that would really be pushing it.
- ONE guinea pig needs at least a 2x3 grid-sized cage. And this is why the JUMBO size is IDEAL if you need to divide a cage because a pair is fighting OR you need to separate a male and female to prevent pregnancy. You just need a Cage Divider or our "Wall of Silence" down the middle of a 2x6 to instantly create two 2x3 grid cages.